Overall Purpose of Job
To ensure that all complaints are administered, investigated and resolved in accordance with regulatory requirements and company standards. Promoting a customer focused environment, acting as the voice of the customer.
- Where required, undertaking and assisting in the daily administration tasks such as allocation of complaints, Post, Complaints diary and File requests.
- Investigating complaints and where required sensitive / reputational issues, making recommendations on the resolution of those cases ensuring the outcome is fair and timely, whilst maintaining overall quality.
- Actioning general complaint queries.
- Compiling and maintaining the necessary records, providing a clear and concise audit trail.
- Working within and helping to maintain a customer focused and team environment which is continually improving and striving to identify process improvements.
- Assisting the Customer Liaison when required by taking on tasks to assist other members of the team with key activities to manage workloads.
- Providing assistance and support when required to the wider departments in to improve the handling of Complaints day to day.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Previous experience in a complaint handling environment (preferable but not essential).
- Experience in either Collections or Litigation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be able to show a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Problem solving skills.
- Time management skills, with the ability to review, organise and prioritise.
Candidates will be effective at
- Identifying multiple complaint cases.
- Understanding own and other’s responsibilities within the department.
- Supporting colleagues, the Customer Liaison Team Manager and the Operations Manager by offering unsolicited help.
- Ensuring proper records are maintained.
- Identifying patterns and trends in complaints and assisting with the production of accurate management information.
- Working within internal standards and the external regulatory and legislative framework.
- Acting with integrity and protecting any business sensitive information.
- Remaining conversant with the FSA Handbook and other legislation / regulation impacting on the business in the performance of the role.
- Level 3 Certificate in Regulated Complaints Handling (CeRCH required: qualification or commitment to study)