Overall Purpose of Job
To manage cash transactions, consisting of direct debits, debit cards, cheques, standing orders, bank giros DWP payments and transfers. As most processing is automated the main focus of the role is to manage exception and complex transactions that need further investigation to resolve.
- Processing and posting of all cheques and bounced cheques to customer accounts.
- Preparation of data and management of automated posting process for credit transactions.
- Producing and transmitting daily automated Direct Debits to the bank/BACS for processing.
- Investigate and resolve all un-posted bank reconciliation items.
- Preparation of data and automated posting of all Direct Debit bounces/DDICs/ADDACS/AUDDIS rejections.
- Identification of unidentified cash receipts and posting onto customer accounts.
- Dealing with and resolving all types of queries including those that are fraud & AML related.
- Clearance of Summit suspense account on a daily basis.
- Reversal and re-posting of CCA fees to the correct sub account.
- Clearing of un-cashed cheques and reposting transactions to customer accounts.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Used to working to deadlines
- Highly numerate
- High volume processing experience
- Knowledge of basic mortgage servicing and collections processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a cash management role
- Ability to take ownership of processes and develop departmental efficiencies whilst ensuring levels of control are high
Candidates will be effective at
- Investigating and resolving complex issues
- Liaising with other areas as appropriate
- Identifying and resolving potential risk items including those with a TCF impact