INTERNAL ROLE TITLE: Vulnerable and Financial Hardship Collections Officer
REPORTS TO: Head of Compliance
DIRECT REPORTS: 0
- Managing accounts where the customers are deemed to be Vulnerable, Sensitive and/or suffering Financial Hardship. Engaging with customers regarding collections, defaults, reviews and disputes, whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory, client and company requirements.
- Distribution of team work and assistance with junior and part time team members.
- Performing such other duties as required by management, from time to time.
Essence of Role – Key Accountabilities
- Engage with customers who are deemed to be in Financial Hardship, via telephone and written communications.
- Report to the Compliance Team Leader and provide assistance to management and the Financial Hardship and Debt Management Team.
- Ensure that all customers are treated fairly and with empathy
- Strive to attain targets consistently.
- Sort and prioritise all incoming correspondence (mail/email/fax) and ensure the appropriate account action is taken within our agreed SLA.
- Sort, prioritise and distribute the team’s work.
- Monitor and manage accounts to ensure all documentation and evidence is kept up to date.
- Monitor and manage accounts to ensure accounts are in the correct procedure and are regularly reviewed.
- Monitor and manage accounts to ensure the default rate is kept to an acceptable level.
- To keep up to date with and adhere to current and future regulations and Compliance guidelines and practices.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to show empathy to customers and put them at ease, without becoming patronising.
- Positive attitude, flexible and prepared to suggest changes to improve procedures, to the benefit of customers, clients and company.
- Proven administrative or customer service experience.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure or in difficult circumstances.
- Understands the concept of TCF and achieving a fair outcome for customers.